Become an ICF Certified Coach
with the Shipley Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP)
The Shipley Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP)
is a step-by-step, experiential learning process that provides the skills required to become a competent and confident coach. Shipley’s “Whole Systems Model” keeps the coaching simplified and powerful. Regardless of the coaching specialty you choose – business owners, executives, parents or other audiences – you will have the strong foundation and powerful tools you need to succeed in your coaching career
The Shipley ACTP is based on the latest developments in Neuroscience, Human Behavior, Personal Development, and is derived from 50+ years of proven methodologies rooted in Neuro-Linguistics, Solution Focused Methods, Positive Psychology, and Appreciative Inquiry.
The 4 Shipley ACTP primary learning goals include:
- Understand what Coaching is, isn’t, and how it is distinct in nature from other helping modes
- Know the value of Coaching in assisting Clients
- Understand the mindset, principles, structures, tools, frameworks, processes, and techniques that support masterful Coaching
- Demonstrate the ability to Coach according to the ICF Core Competencies and create powerful sessions that meet the needs of the Client
Shipley Program Options
The Shipley ACTP is taught virtually and consists of the following programs:
126 Hour ACTP Program ($8,995)
Fully accredited program that provides the minimum required training hours for the ICF ACC and PCC credential. This program is comprised of 96 Hours of live interactive synchronous training hours, and 24 asynchronous preparation, practice, and reading hours. Each student must also participate in 6 Observed Sessions for a total of 126 Hours.
Additionally, students will need to complete:
• 10 Mentor Sessions (7 Group, 3 Individual). These are included in your tuition
• The Comprehensive Oral Exam is facilitated by the Shipley Coaching Team.
• Completion of this program completes the classroom and assessment requirements for both the ACC and PCC Credentials.
60 Hour ACSTH Program ($4,995)
Fully accredited program that provides the minimum required training hours for the ICF ACC only credential. This program is comprised of 48 Hours of live interactive synchronous training hours, and 12 asynchronous preparations, practice, and reading hours.
Additionally, students will need to complete:
• 10 Mentor Sessions (7 Group, 3 Individual). These are included in your tuition.
• Student will need to personally submit application through the ICF ACC Portfolio Path. It is important to note that in this program the ICF adjudicates the Oral Assessment via a recording submission.
• If the student wishes to earn a PCC credential, an additional 66 hours of training will be required.
All ACC and PCC applications require real world Coaching Hours, and the Online General Knowledge Assessment. ACC requires 100 hours, and PCC requires 500 hours.
- Shipley offers fully accredited International Coach Federation (ICF) ACSTH and ACTP programs.
- Shipley challenges participants to make specific improvements in their own performance after each and every meeting.
- Many Coaching programs pull from multiple unrelated models (i.e. the 4 steps to, the Venn diagram for, the ladder of, or the 5 stages of…). This often leaves new coaches trying to decide on which model to use? Shipley uses a systemic model that all the other models use and is coherent with all the others.
- The Shipley approach combines the best practices in coaching, peer support, facilitation, goal setting, progress tracking, and accountability.
- The Shipley emphasis is on achieving measurable results throughout the program.
- Unlike most programs that focus on how satisfied the participant was, the Shipley program tracks results achieved. Not just gains in skills – but actual results that each participant documents.
- The topics discussed in the Shipley program are based on student experiences, not canned business examples that may not fit class needs.
Our World Class Instructor
MCC, Shipley ACTP Developer and Master Instructor
Leader in the field of Performance, Business, and Executive Coaching with nearly 20 years of experience.
Tony is passionate about delivering Coaching that impacts Performers, Teams, Organizations, Families, and Communities. Tony uses his knowledge and experience to inquire into the performers world to help empower, and improve their leadership, engagement, and performance to maximize their potential. Tony combines his experience with ongoing study, research, training, and his own personal development to keep himself on the forefront of the field of Personal Development.
Tony is a Leadership Engagement Coach, Coach Trainer, Coach Mentor, Sales Coach and Coaching Curriculum Designer.
Tony has delivered thousands of hours of Coaching and Coach Training to individuals, businesses, and government organizations throughout the US, Europe, Brazil, Singapore, China, and Khazahkstan. He has 14 years of practice in developing and delivering online interactive trainings that produce results and thousands of satisfied students. Tony blends his depth of Coaching knowledge, training experience, instructional design, and adult learning models together to create transformative programs.
Tony is an International Coach Federation (ICF) Master Certified Coach. His formal education includes a Bachelors in Organizational Management from Northwest University. He holds multiple additional Coaching Certifications including Certified Erickson Professional Coach, NLP Coach, Team Coach, and Leading from Your Strengths Coach. He additionally has completed multiple NLP Practitioner Courses, multiple NLP Master Practitioner Courses, the NLP World Health Certification, Standing in Contribution Trainers Training, and Patterns for Renewing Your Mind Practitioner.
How Do You Become a Shipley Certified Coach?
1. The first step in becoming a certified coach is to complete one of the International Coach Federation (ICF) accredited Shipley Accredited Coach Training programs that are aligned with ICF standards. The ICF defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative manner that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. In order to be that partner, the student must first invest the time, energy, and resources needed in their skill development. Coaching is a game changing experience that dramatically adjusts people’s paradigms, habits, and perspectives. It allows people to create tremendous positive change in their personal and professional life, therefore, coaching is a career path that needs to be taken seriously.
2. The second step in the journey is to partner with your Shipley coaching mentor who will help you refine your coaching capabilities and improve them to align with ICF’s competencies and code of ethics.
3. The third step is to complete a designated number of coaching hours. Again, you will work with your Shipley mentor to create a plan of action to practice and experience coaching as much as possible. Becoming a certified coach is like learning a new language; it requires repetition and practice. Offer your coaching service to as many people as you can, regardless of the niche, and in time you will feel more confident in your abilities.
4. The next phase is to demonstrate an understanding and mastery of the ICF definition of coaching, Code of Ethics, and Core Competencies. There will be an oral and written assessment process for you to demonstrate this knowledge. The Shipley Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP) is a professional coach certification training program that includes mentoring as well as both oral and written assessment components built into the program. Therefore, enrolling in the ACTP program will help you to become a certified coach easier than other avenues, as the program itself is structured in alignment with all certification steps.
Shipley Coach Training Program Details
The Shipley ACTP Program consists of four Components. Each Component is equal to 8 Online Sessions. The ACSTH program consists primarily of Parts 1 & 2.
Part 1: Discovery
Part 2: Exploration
Part 3: Commitment
Part 4: Integration
How the Program is Delivered
At this time the Shipley programs are delivered online only
The Shipley program is intended to train Coaches with no prior training in coaching. The program contains both basic and advanced skills, so it is also appropriate for Coaches with previous training to enhance their skills.
Coach Training Certification Enrollment Requirements
A high school diploma, or equivalency is required to enter the program. We also ask that students come with an open mind to learn and grow. All students are asked to participate fully in the program. The course must be completed with all required Parts in sequence as each additional part builds on the previous coursework. Please ensure you have access to a reliable internet connection, a quality headset, and a quiet/private space to facilitate your full participation. The program requires participation in all activities for completion, especially the break-out sessions where you will be Coach, and Coached.
Enrollment and Investment
Enrollment for all courses is solely administered on a first come, first serve basis. All enrollments are subject to availability at the time of the receipt of your investment being completed. You can secure your enrollment by submitting your investment via the following means: Personal or Bank Check, Visa, Mastercard, and Paypal. The investment for the Shipley ACTP is currently $8,995 and includes 126 Hours of instruction, 6 Observed Sessions, 10 Hours of Mentoring, and your Oral Performance Evaluation.The investment for the Shipley ACSTH is currently $4,995 and includes 60 Hours of instruction and 10 Hours of Mentoring. Your Oral Performance Evaluation must be completed with the ICF.
You may choose to transfer to a different cohort in the future. Transfer requests must be made in writing (email or letter) and include your current cohort information, the reason for transfer, and what alternative cohort you wish to join. All transfers are subject to enrollment availability for the alternative cohort.
To meet the standards of the ICF all students must attend 74 hours of the synchronous live portion of the 96 hours of the program (37 hours of the 48 for the ACSTH). All synchronous hours must be completed via use of the session recording, and the completion of any missed break out sessions. All asynchronous hours must be completed. Students failing to meet the attendance policy will need to make up the synchronous learning portions missed at a later time to fulfill Certification requirements.
Shipley Coaching is committed to creating a high quality learning environment. All staff, trainers, and observers commit to professional behavior and conduct, as well as honoring the ICF Code of Conduct. Shipley reserves the right to disenroll a student for the following:
- Violation of the Policies and Procedures.
- Disrespect or other behavior that disrupts the learning environment.
- Unethical behavior or violation of the ICF Code of Ethics.
- Non-participation, or not meeting the attendance requirements.
- Non-Payment of financial investment.
- Violation of Shipley Coaching’s, the ICF’s, and CANSPAM Privacy Policies.
- Any type of disruptive behavior including but not limited to harassment, gas lighting, bullying, discrimination, or intimidation.
All requests for withdrawals must be submitted to the Director of Training. Students will receive credit for all coursework completed, and will have 1 full year to restart the training from the last full Training Part completed.
A full refund is available up to 7 days before the start of a training. For in person training a full refund is available up to the beginning of Day 3 of Part 1. For Online Classes a Full Refund is available up to the start of the 3rd Online Session. No refunds are available after these points.
All students must agree to the following Privacy Policies.
- I will keep the contents of the course including, but not limited to, the materials, conversations, recordings, and access to websites/classrooms and online sessions private and in confidence.
- I agree to limit my communication to conversations related directly to the course, or with the express consent of the other person.
- I agree that all personal content from lectures, demonstrations, break outs, triad work, observed sessions, mentor sessions, and the oral performance evaluation are privileged and will only be discussed with the express permission of the other party.
- I agree that all materials, handbooks, handouts, slides, pdf, diagrams, flip chart and whiteboard drawings are copyrighted and not to be used without the express written permission of Shipley Coaching. Any breach of this policy may result in violation of US (or other countries) Copyright laws.
- Confidentiality may be broken in specific instances as outlined in the ICF Code of Ethics where any individual’s safety is at risk, illegal activity is taking place, under a court order or subpoena.